Thanksgiving is just a few days away, and we can’t wait to sit down with family and friends and feast on our favorite holiday dishes. Turkey and dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberry sauce, and pie — whose else can almost smell it in the air?
Aside from the delicious food and fellowship, Thanksgiving is one of our favorite holidays here at CHT because it’s a great reminder to be grateful for what we have.
It’s no secret that 2016 has been rough for a lot of us. We know that it may feel harder than ever to focus on what we’re thankful for this year, so we’ve compiled a list of feel-good gifs to remind you of all the sweet stuff life has to offer.
1. Connecting with each other is easy to take for granted, but so important in our everyday life. Take a minute this week and hug someone you love. Or even someone you just kind of like!
2. When life hands you lemons, choose to be a burrito.
3. Know your own worth!
4. Take a nap. Seriously. None of us get enough sleep. Let this baby be your snoozing guru, and take advantage of all that Thanksgiving tryptophan.
5. #friendshipgoals Find your squad and stick with them!
6. If you love anything as much as Kristen Bell loves sloths, you’re doing okay in this world.
7. Related: if you’ve found something in your life that will make you smile like these bunnies, don’t ever let it go.
8. Life is full of little bits of joy, we just have to remember to see them for what they are.
9. Don’t forget to dance sometimes, even if somebody’s watching. Maybe even especially if someone is watching!
10. Laughter really is the best medicine, and it shows off your beautiful CHT smile! Turkey on the head: entirely optional.
What we’re thankful for
Our wonderful staff took time out to write down all the things they’re grateful for this year, and we wanted to share all the ways this year has been special for us.
And we can’t forget about that whole Cubs winning the 2016 World Series thing that happened!
But most of all, we’re thankful for you. We love our patients here at CHT. You truly are like family to us, and without you, we wouldn’t get to come to this job that we love every day to do what we love every day. We’re thankful for you all year long. You’re the most important part of our practice and we truly are grateful that you trust us with your beautiful smiles every time you walk through our door!
Wherever you find yourself on Thanksgiving Day, we hope that it will be full of warmth, love, and laughter. Don’t forget to take care of your braces or Invisalign as you sit down to dinner, and remember that if you have any questions or concerns, you can always reach out to us for help or advice.
If you’d like to share what you’re thankful for this year, we’d love to read all about it in the comments!